Let's come #AllTogetherUMW to meet the Anne Robinson Hallerman '77 Library Challenge! When we receive 50 gifts to UMW Libraries on Giving Day, Anne will unlock her $1,000 challenge gift. Your gift of $5 or more to UMW Libraries will count toward this participation challenge.
During this past year UMW Libraries have remained open and continued to provide excellent service to our UMW community, both on campus and virtually. To do this, we adapted and modified our services so that all UMW users could still benefit from our resources. While many students were away from campus, we were still here in the library, working hard to maintain and expand access to journals, eBooks, and databases. These resources were available to the UMW community, so they could continue with their academic studies and endeavors.
Other services we have provided during the pandemic:
- Implemented no-contact pick up of physical materials
- Expanded one-on-one research consultation options to include Zoom, as well as email, chat, text, and phone
- Collaborated with faculty to provide remote instruction to classes via Zoom visits, online instructional videos, and self-paced learning materials
- Continued utilizing Interlibrary Loan to borrow articles, books, DVDs, etc. that are owned by other libraries
- Rearranged library spaces to create a safe study environment that promotes social distancing for UMW patrons to utilize in compliance with UMW MMDC guidelines
- Digitized over 82,000 pages for remote curriculum support
- Safely offered access to Special Collections and University Archives materials both digitally and on site
- Provided consistent remote support for ongoing digital projects
- Added 2,604 new items to Eagle Scholar, the University’s institutional repository
With your continued support, imagine what UMW Libraries can do next year!