Support the Honors Program on #MaryWashDay!
The Honors Program at the University of Mary Washington prepares high achieving students through a thought-provoking curriculum and experiential learning opportunities, extended research and creative projects, and community service that enhances their development as leaders.
“The UMW Honors program was integral for allowing me to study abroad with EuroScholars, where I got my first experience in using neuroimaging in research and led me to my current interest in utilizing MRI to investigate neural mechanisms of outcomes in pediatric populations.” - Holly Aleksonis ‘16
“The Honors Program field trip to Johns Hopkins is still one of my best UMW memories. The opportunity to hear from renowned researchers, tour the hospital, meet the Lacks family, and interact with members of the community was truly special.” – Maggie Chenault ‘16
The UMW Honors Program provides a wide variety of opportunities for academically motivated undergraduates to connect with exceptional faculty and peers and the community. Your donation would provide enrichment support for Honors Program activities such as educational field trips or sending Honors Program representatives to meetings such as the Annual Meeting of the National Collegiate Honors Council, and would in assist in making possible a variety of community service, research, and study abroad opportunities for our scholars.
Honors Program wish list:
- Endowment to provide funding to send students to National and Local Honors Conferences
- Endowment to provide study abroad scholarships to support the high impact practice of international education
- Endowment to provide financial support for internships and similar high impact practices such as summer research
- Secure one or two vehicles to enable students to drive to community engagement projects
- Honors house for faculty offices, engagement spaces, classrooms, and dorms for scholars