5 YEARS STRONG OF ANNUAL GIVING!
This year marks the 5th anniversary of Mary Washington’s annual Giving Day. Your generous gifts have supported UMW Libraries—strengthening our collections, enhancing our collaborative and quiet study spaces, and contributing to the accessibility and preservation of our archival resources. You have made a difference!
In celebration of these achievements, we are inviting you to make 55 gifts to UMW Libraries on Giving Day in order to unlock the Anne Robinson Hallerman '77 Library Challenge! Once we receive 55 gifts of any size, Anne will unlock her $1,000 challenge gift. Your gift of $5, $50, or $500 to UMW Libraries will count toward this participation challenge. We are excited to see what this anniversary year will bring in support of UMW Libraries.
- Maintained a high level of service to the UMW Community, both on campus and virtually, despite the ongoing challenges of the pandemic.
- Provided access to 200 databases, 450,000 e-books, 125,000 journals, and 50,000 streaming videos, which were downloaded more than 350,000 times.
- Answered over 700 reference queries, and met one-on-one with students, staff, and faculty for 373 in-depth research consultations.
- Utilized Interlibrary Loan to borrow 2000+ articles, books, DVDs, etc. to support student, staff, and faculty scholarship.
- Published the Alumni Oral History Digital Collection with 27 new oral histories highlighting diverse student voices. The collection continues to grow.
- Partnered with VIVA’s Open and Affordable Course Content program to save students $80,705 on e-textbooks.
- Migrated over 2,000 digitized University Publication files to the Library’s digital preservation system where they will be accessible and preserved.
With your continued support, imagine what UMW Libraries can do next year!